1. Information regarding the Collection of Personal Data
(1) In the following, we shall inform you regarding the collection of personal data during the usage of our website or any other contacting. Personal data shall be considered to be all data which refers to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, postal addresses, usage behaviour.
(2) The responsible party in accordance with Art. 4 Clause 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) shall be W. Westerwelle GmbH + Co. KG, Elverdisser Straße 205, 32052 Herford, represented by Managing Director: Kai-Uwe Westerwelle.
Our Data Protection Officer:
Eichmann & Kleinkes Seminare GmbH
(3) When you contacting us by e-mail, telephone, personally or via a contact form, the data which you provide (your e-mail address, (where applicable) your name and your telephone number) shall be stored by us in order to answer your questions (Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. f GDPR). We shall delete the data that are collected in this context after the storage is no longer required or restrict the processing if statutory retention obligations apply in this regard.
(4) If we would like to commission service providers in order to provide individual functions of our website or use your data for advertising purposes, we will notify you of this in advance and obtain your consent. In this regard, it should already be mentioned at this point that, if you do not approve any other usage, you may continue to use our services as in the past. We shall process your personal data only for a specific designated purpose via the prescribed criteria. In particular, we would be glad, at any time, to provide you with information regarding the purpose, storage duration and your rights in this regard.
2. Your Rights
(1) In your dealings with us, you shall have the following rights with regards to your personal data:
— Right to information,
— Right to correction or deletion,
— Right to restriction of the processing,
— Right to lodge an objection to the processing,
— Right to data portability.
(2) In addition, you shall have the right to submit a complaint to a government data protection supervisory agency regarding our processing of your personal data.
3. Collection of Personal Data during Your Visit to Our Website
(1) During the mere informational usage of the website–thus if you have not registered or otherwise provide us with information, we shall collect only the personal data which your browser transmits to our server. If you would like to view our website, we shall collect the following data which are technically required for us in order to ensure the displaying of our website to you as well as its stability and security (Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. f GDPR):
— IP address
— Date and time of day of the inquiry
— Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
— Content of the inquiry (concrete page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
— Respectively transferred data quantity and the website from which the inquiry is made
— Operating system and its interface
— Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, during your usage of our website, cookies shall be stored on your computer. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard disk and categorised to your browser and which are used to send certain information to the party who has placed the cookie (in this case, to us). Cookies can run no programmes or transmit no viruses to your computer. They serve merely to make the Internet site overall user-friendlier and more effective.
(3) Usage of cookies:
a) This website uses the following types of cookies whose scope and functioning are discussed in detail below: Obligation to provide information regarding the collection of personal data
- Transient cookies (see b in this regard)
- Persistent cookies (see c in this regard)
b) Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close the browser. They include particularly the session cookies. They store a so-called session ID which is used in order to categorise various inquiries from your browser to the collective session. Thus, your computer can be recognised when you return to our website. The session cookies shall be deleted whenever you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies shall automatically be deleted after a prescribed duration which may vary depending on the respective cookie. You can, at any time, delete the cookies via your browser’s security settings.
d) You can configure your browser’s settings as you so desire and, for example, reject the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. However, we wish to point out that, in this case, you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
f) The flash cookies used shall not be subjected to data collection by your browser, but rather by your flash plug-in. Moreover, we shall use HTML5 storage objects which are stored on your device. These objects store the required data regardless of which browser you use and they have no automatic expiration date. If you would like no processing of the flash cookies, you must install a corresponding add-on, e.g. "Better Privacy" for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefoxJaddon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash Killer cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the usage of HTML5 storage objects by setting your browser to the private mode. In addition, we recommend that you manually delete your cookies and browser history upon a regular basis.
(4) Usage of Google Analytics:
a) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies"–text files which are stored on your computer and enable an analysis of your usage of the website. As a rule, the information generated by the cookie regarding your usage of this website shall be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. In the case of the activation of IP anonymisation on this website, your IP address shall nonetheless be shortened beforehand by Google within the member countries of the European Union or in other contracting countries to the European Economic Area Convention. Only in exceptional cases shall the entire IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. By mandate from this website’s operator, Google shall use this information in order to evaluate your usage of the website, in order to draft reports regarding the website activities and in order to render additional services associated with the usage of the website and the Internet to the website’s operator.
b) The IP address transmitted by your browser during Google Analytics shall not be commingled with other data by Google.
c) You can prevent the storage of cookies by correspondingly adjusting the settings on your browser software; however, we wish to point out that, in this case, you may not be able to comprehensively use all functions of this website. Moreover, you can prevent the collection of the data (including your IP address) generated by the cookie and referring to your usage of the website from being sent to Google as well as the processing of these data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in that is available by clicking on the following link: tools.google.com/dlpage/ gaoptout?hl=de.
d) This website uses Google Analytics with the add-on "_anonymizeIp()". Thus, IP addresses shall continue to be processed in shortened form whereby any personal inferences shall thus be excluded. However, insofar as a personal inference is generated regarding the personal data collected about you, this personal reference shall therefore be immediately blocked and the personal data shall also be promptly deleted.
e) We shall use Google Analytics in order to be able to analyse the usage of our website and improve it upon a regular basis. Via the statistics obtained, we can improve our website and design it to be more interesting for you as the user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data are transmitted to the USA, Google is obliged to comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacy-shield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the usage of Google Analytics shall be Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. f GDPR.
f) Information about the third-party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User Terms and Conditions: www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html, Data Protection Overview: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html as well as the Data Protection Declaration: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
g) This website also uses Google Analytics for a cross-device analysis of visitor flows which is conducted via a user ID. You can deactivate the cross-device analysis of your usage via your customer account under “My Data”, “personal data”.]
4. Social Media Plug-Ins
(1) We currently use the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, Google+, Kununu, YouTube and XING. In this regard, we use the so-called two-click solution. That means that whenever you visit our website, initially no personal data whatsoever shall be transmitted to the providers of the plug-ins. You can recognise the provider of the plug-in via the label on the box which contains its initial letters or its logo. We shall grant you the opportunity to communicate directly with the provider of the plug-in via the button. Only if you click on the indicated field and thus activate it shall the plug-in provider receive the notification that you have visited the corresponding webpage of our online site. In addition, the data specified in § 3 of this Declaration shall be transmitted. In the case of XING, according to the information supplied by the respective providers in Germany, the IP address shall be anonymised immediately after its collection. Thus, by activating the plug-in, your personal data shall be transmitted to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (for U.S. providers, in the USA). Because the plug-in provider undertakes the data collection particularly via cookies, we recommend that, before clicking on the greyed-out box, you delete all cookies via your browser’s security settings.
(2) We have no control over the collected data and data processing procedures. Moreover, we are not aware of the full scope of the data collection, the purposes of the data processing and the storage timeframes. We also have no information regarding the deletion of the collected data by the plug-in provider.
(3) The plug-in provider shall store the data collected about you as user profiles and use them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the requirements-based design of his website. Such an evaluation shall be undertaken particularly (including for users who have not logged in) in order to display requirements-based advertising and in order to notify other users of the social network of your activities on our website. You shall have a right to lodge an objection to the creation of these user profiles whereby you must contact the respective plug-in provider directly in order to assert this right. Via the plug-ins, we shall offer you the opportunity to interact with the social networks and other users so that we can improve our website and design it to be more interesting to you as the user. The legal basis for the usage of the plug-ins shall be Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 lit. f GDPR.
(4) The data dissemination shall be undertaken regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged-in there. If you have logged in to the plug-in provider, your data that we have collected shall be categorised directly to your account with the plug-in provider. If you press the activated button and, for example, link the page, the plug-in provider shall also store this information in your user account and shall publicly announce this to your contacts. We thus recommend that, after using a social network, you frequently log out–particularly nonetheless before activating the button so that you can thus prevent such a categorisation to your profile by the plug-in provider.
(5) You can find additional information regarding the purpose and the scope of the data collection and their processing by the respective plug-in provider in these providers’ Data Protection Declarations below. There, you can also find additional information regarding your related rights and setting options in order to protect your private sphere.
(6) Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URL with their Data Protection Declarations:
a) Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; haps://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/?hl=de. Google is obliged to comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
b) XING AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, Germany; http://www.xing.com/privacy.
c) Kununu: Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, Germany https://privacy.xing.com/de/datenschutzerklaerung
d) YouTube: Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, California 94043, USA https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de&gl=de
e) Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; www.facebook.com/policy.php; additional information regarding data collection: www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, www.faceb-ook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other as well as www.face-book.com/about/privacy/your-info. Facebook is obliged to comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Frame-work.
5. Integration of YouTube Videos
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos into our online website which are stored at www.YouTube.com and which can be played directly from our website. [They have all been integrated in “expanded data protection mode”, i.e. that no data about you as the user is transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only then if you play the videos shall the data specified in Para. 2 be transmitted. We have no control over this data transmission.
(2) By visiting the website, YouTube shall receive the notification that you have visited the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data specified in Clause 3 of this Declaration shall be transmitted. This shall be undertaken regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account to which you are logged-in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged-in to Google, your data shall be directly categorised to your account. If you do not want the categorisation to your profile by YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube shall store your data as user profiles and use them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the requirements-based design of its website. Such an evaluation shall be undertaken particularly (even for users who are not logged-in) in order to provide requirements-based advertising and in order to notify other users of the social network of your activities on our website. You shall have a right to lodge an objection to the creation of these user profiles whereby you must contact YouTube directly in order to exercise this right.
(3) You can find additional information regarding the purpose and scope of the data collection and their processing by YouTube in the Data Protection Declaration. There, you can also find more extensive information regarding your rights and setting options in order to protect your private sphere: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google shall also process your personal data in the USA and is obliged to comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
6. Integration of Google Maps
(1) On this website, we use the Google Maps service. Thus, we can display to you interactive maps directly on the website and enable you to comfortably use the map function.
(2) By visiting the website, Google shall receive the notification that you have visited the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data specified in Clause 3 of this Declaration shall be transmitted. This shall be undertaken regardless of whether you have a user account with Google and are logged-in to this account or whether no user account exists. If you are logged-in to Google, your data shall be categorised directly to your account. If you do not want the categorisation to your profile by Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google shall store your data as user profiles and use them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the requirements-based design of its website. Such an evaluation shall be undertaken particularly (even for users who are not logged-in) in order to provide requirements-based advertising and in order to notify other users of the social network of your activities on our website. You shall have a right of objection to the creation of these user profiles whereby you must contact Google directly in order to exercise this right.
(3) You can find additional information regarding the purpose and the scope of the data collection and their processing by the plug-in provider in the respective provider’s Data Protection Declaration. There, you will obtain find more extensive information regarding your related rights and setting options in order to protect your private sphere: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google shall also process your personal data in the USA and is obliged to comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.